A little about us
At Edge Impact, we're a full-service sustainability consultancy combining science, strategy, and storytelling in partnership with leading multi-national businesses across a wide range of industries to pursue our shared mission to create a world where unsustainable is unthinkable.
As part of the Edge team, or an "Edger," as we like to say, you’ll have the chance to work with an amazing team of like-minded humans who are passionate, collaborative, and experienced sustainability experts.
The role and why you’ll love working with us.
We're on the lookout for an experienced Commercial Finance Manager to become a key player in our team. This role is perfect for someone passionate about applying their financial expertise to drive meaningful change. It offers a unique blend of financial acumen and strategic thinking designed for someone with a deep background in professional services. This role will have a global focus and ideally be based in Sydney, Melbourne, or Adelaide however, we are also open to considering other locations within Australia.
Strategic and Financial Leadership: You'll dive deep into financial data, spotting trends and opportunities that others might miss. Your analyses will shape our strategic direction, helping us grow sustainably and profitably.
Financial Planning and Analysis: In close collaboration with our teams, you'll craft sensible budgets, ensuring we're on track to meet our goals while fostering innovation. Your expertise will keep us financially sound and strategically aligned.
Forecasting & Risk: As our financial guide, you'll forecast the future with precision, preparing us for any scenario. Your role is critical in highlighting risks and keeping us robust and ready for the challenges ahead.
Driving Growth: You're not just overseeing financial health; you're at the helm of identifying and supporting strategies for efficient revenue growth and impactful decisions.
Regulatory Navigation: Your knowledge will ensure we navigate the complexities of financial compliance with ease, maintaining impeccable standards in all our reporting across our global markets.
Team Leadership: This is about more than just managing figures, you'll lead our finance team, promoting a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration.
Who You Are:
- You've got a solid foundation with a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or something related. An MBA or a professional certification like a CPA? Even better!
- You've been in financial management for at least 5 years, ideally in a leadership role. You're no stranger to financial modeling, cash flow management, and forecasting.
- Regulations and reporting standards? You know them inside out. Your analytical skills are on point, and you're a wizard with financial systems and Excel.
- You're a strategic thinker who loves to dive into data to guide decisions.
- You adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment and are always ready for what's next.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Edge Impact is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thriving at Edge Impact
To thrive at Edge, you will:
- Be known for your positive attitude, and strong personal skills, and see yourself as a potential trusted advisor to colleagues and clients
- Pride yourself on your strong verbal and written communications, including the facilitation of workshops with clients and key stakeholders
- Have a point of view on sustainability including key trends, best practices and challenges, and opportunities for change
- Be able to navigate complex client challenges (even if you don’t know the answer) and work with a team and project partners to success.
At Edge, we offer:
- A purpose-driven and impact-focused organisation
- Flexibility and the trust needed to make a meaningful impact
- Opportunity to participate in our profit share bonus scheme
- Opportunity to enjoy 5 weeks of annual leave every year
- Opportunity to work for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
At Edge, we believe the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives. These diverse minds and perspectives are critical to helping solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. We deeply care about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected, and empowered and are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or life stage.
Applications close Friday 1 March 2024.